Archbishop's Park
In the late 19th century the Archbishops of Lambeth allowed the local children to play in parts of the grounds of Lambeth Palace. In 1901 the 20-acre Park was formally opened to the public in 1901. It still belongs to the Archbishopric but is managed by the Lambeth Borough Council. At the northern end is a children's playground, the rest being lawns and paths.