Lambeth Watch House
LAMBETH PARISH WATCHHOUSE (built 1825), in Lambeth High Street in 1912, apparently demolished between the wars. There was a second Lambeth Watchhouse next to StJohn's Church in the Waterloo Road, which existed till 1930. not all the watchhouses were as solid as this; some were of wood, and there is an account of one watchman, watchhouse and all, being heaved over the wall into Bunhill Fields cemetery by an active band of ruffians. The general ineffectiveness of the parish watchmen led to their supersession by the Metropolitan Police under the Police Act of 1829.
Source = Lost London by Hermione Hobhouse